Ten Ways To Build Self-Confidence
Corporate America and life in general can beat the confidence out of you. Instead of caving in and feeling sorry for yourself, pick yourself up and keep pressing on. You are valuable and have so much to offer the world. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. Here are some steps to take in building self-confidence:
- Develop your career and life plan, and always keep your eye on the prize
- Define and own your brand
- Continually develop new skills
- Stay current and relevant in your industry knowledge
- Know your value and never sell yourself short
- Ignore naysayers and dance to the beat of your own drum
- Don’t take “no” for an answer – create your own “yes”
- Love yourself unconditionally
- Never accept disrespect from others
- Always remember 1-9 above!
Remember to always take care of your physical health too. Working 9-5 every day leaves little time to exercise, stretch and treat your body to what it needs. Be active when you get the chance, so walk to work and take the stairs if you can. Stand up at your desk often and drink water throughout the day. Stay away from coffee and smoking – not only will they make you feel worse in the long run, but they’ll also ruin your teeth. Visiting a dentist Herndon can restore your smile, giving you your confidence back, but you should aim to maintain your dental health by avoiding sugary snacks and drinks and by brushing and flossing every day. Not only will these tips improve your physical health, but they’ll also improve your self-esteem too.
An experienced Certified Professional Career Coach (CPCC) can help you. APEX Career Services has qualified career coaching professionals with industry knowledge to help you build confidence and define your career path. Let us help you take your career to new heights! Learn more at www.apexcareerservices.com. We are open 7 days per week from 8am to midnight CST. Get started today at http://bit.ly/ShopApex.