Signs You May Be Unprepared For An Interview
You finally get a call for an interview you have been hoping for, but that call doesn’t mean the hard work is over. Now is the time for you to thoroughly prepare yourself for your interview. There are many steps required in preparing for an interview, and there are many ways for an interviewee to stumble during the interview process. To an experienced interviewer, they can usually spot right away a potential job candidate who has not properly prepared. You invested a lot of time getting the interview, and you owe it to yourself to avoid these pitfalls to make the best impression during your interview. Here are some obvious signs to may send to interviewers that you are not prepared for your interview:
- You don’t have appropriate interview attire
- You didn’t review the company website
- You don’t know what the company does
- You can’t say why you want to work for the company
- You didn’t read the job description
- You can’t answer the question, “Tell me about yourself.
- You’re unusually nervous
- You don’t have a career plan
- The interviewer calls you out on your lack of preparation
- You’ve memorized all of your answers
Securing an interview is hard work and a big accomplishment. Don’t let that hard work go to waste by not being 100% prepared for your next interview.
Have you recently had an interview go poorly? Are you in need of interview preparation coaching help? Let APEX Career Services help you! Our Certified Professional Career Coach (CPCC) and Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW) is always happy to help you put your best foot forward. Contact us today at www.ApexCareerServices.com/Services to get started!