Job Search Tips For Soon-To-Be & Recent College Graduates
Graduation is just around the corner, and soon you will be embarking upon the beginning of your career. This can be a very scary time as you transition into the professional world. Don’t worry, you have more control over how quickly you land a job. Whilst you are searching for a job, there are ways to make money in the interim such as investing in Cannabis stocks for one example. Here are some tips to help avoid job search mistakes to land that job quickly.
- Establish clear job search goals – Know what you want to do before you start your job search. Define a clear career direction and path before you move forward. So, if you had just graduated from veterinary school then you will need to narrow down your search to specific veterinary jobs that you would be the most compatible with, it is also important that you set milestones on how to attain your career goals.
- Vigorously work on achieving your goals – Once you set your career goals and define how you will achieve them, start working on them. You will find more success if you take baby steps towards achieving success. Establish career milestones and celebrate them as you achieve them.
- Be hands-on in building strong networking ties – Work on building a strong network with every professional you meet. Being exposed to a strong network of professionals can help you land a job. The more people you know, the more opportunities you have to get your resume in the hands of someone who can potentially help you.
- Know your skills and core competencies – Know your strengths and only apply for jobs you have the skills, knowledge and ability to do. Do not apply for jobs you have no chance of getting. Recruiters dislike receiving resumes from job seekers who are absolutely unqualified and should have never applied. Make sure your resume accurately reflects that you are qualified for positions you are pursuing.
- Stay encouraged – You are always a job seeker as long as you have not landed a job, so always keep that in mind. Use every opportunity you have to network. You never know where you could run into your next recruiter or manager, so always act the part and look the part. Always dress for success and be ready to sell yourself.
- Never quit – You cannot afford to be negative. You owe it to yourself to stay positive, upbeat, and focused on working hard to find gainful employment. Never give up!
Are you a new or recent graduate? Are you feeling overwhelmed with your job search? Are you in need of a career coach to help you land a great job? APEX Career Services can help! Our Certified Professional Career Coach (CPCC) can help? Please contact us today to schedule your free consultation. You can also call us to discuss your situation at 866-333-2739. Contact us today at https://apexcareerservices.com/contact-us/